Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mother's Day

I always enjoyed Mother's Day growing up because we spent it with my Mom and Grandmother's, but now that I am a mother it has a completely new meaning. I always knew that I wanted to be a mom, but never knew just how amazing this job really was. At times, yes, it is one of the most challenging jobs that someone will ever do; however, at the end of the day when your baby kisses you goodnight, or eats a good dinner and says, "tank yuw," or just laughs hard at something you do, all that stress and frustration just melts away, and you have to laugh at yourself.

So, even on days when Abby does this,

Or pitches a fit at the neighbors house over a Popsicle,

Sooner than later, the Abby we all know and love comes back to make us laugh.


So Abby, Mommy loves you more than you will ever know. I wish you could stay this little forever, but you won't. So one day when you are all grown up, and realize that Mommy is not as exciting as she used to be, I hope you will remember how happy you made me, and even then, I will always look at you like you are my little girl.


Thank you for being the reason I celebrate Mother's Day.

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment