Monday, January 7, 2013

Before Christmas

A lot went on the few weeks before Christmas. I turned 30 on the 14th and celebrated with friends and family. We saw Santa, baked cookies, watched Christmas movies, and fought the dreaded stomach bug. We lost. It was bad. I don't wish it on my worst enemy. Somehow, Brandon managed to stay well and held down the fort for several days. It was a bummer to say the least.
Since my birthday falls so close to Christmas I have never celebrated with a "birthday week," like some people do. But, for the big 3-0, the celebrations went on all week long. It was a blast! Dinner at Circa, Acre, and lunch at Grove Grill with lots of cake and candles. It was a great birthday
If you are wondering why I took a picture of my speedometer, it was to prove to my husband that he is in fact the slowest driver ever! At one point he was driving 25 mph to the restaurant. My husband has MANY endearing qualities and I love him, but it's not for his driving :)
The Tuesday before Christmas Abby and I came down with the stomach bug that eventually spread throughout the whole family. We tried our best to get well fast, but it took a toll on everyone. We played at home a lot, but still managed to see Santa, watch some movies and go to lunch. During our down time Charlie had a chance to practice his crawling. He sits on all fours and rocks back and forth. I love to see him trying so hard, but I am not ready to have a crawler on my hands! It's time to baby proof this house again.
We used these 2 pictures for our Christmas card this year. Sweet Abby and Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment