We just got back from Abby's 18 month check up. She just had a popsicle, a piece of cheese and some Tylenol and is taking an afternoon nap. Here are some pictures from our doctor's office visit.
On our way to the doctor...
Love her face in this one. Almost like she is saying, "I weigh how much?"
Nurse Iola taking her measurements.
Waiting on Dr. Catherine
Poor thing! 2 shots in the leg.
But it's all worth it because I got 2 band-aids!
Couldn't get her away from the Cozy Coupe. At least this made her not cry anymore.
Time for a popsicle and a nap!
Abby's 18 month "stats."
Weight: 23 lbs and 15 oz (right under the 50%)
Length: 32 inches (50%)
Head Circumference: 18 3/4 inches (90%)
I never thought that Abby had a big head, but I guess so! I told Brandon and his response was typical of an adoraring Dad, "It's because she is so smart."
A little bit more about you Abby...
Food:
Your favorite food is a cheese quesadilla and black beans. You also love popsicles, milk, juice, bananas, gold fish, cookies, grilled cheese, and spaghetti.
Sleep:
You are an amazing sleeper. You sleep almost 12 hours every night and have been doing so since you were a baby. You normally go down every night around 7:30 pm and wake up between 7 and 7:30 am. When someone walks into your room in the morning you are sitting straight up and you immediatly say, "Hiiiiiii." You string it along for as long as you can hold it. After that, you either pick Lamby up and want to be taken out of the crib, or you lay back down and wait for someone to scratch your back.
Breakfast:
Daddy has been feeding you breakfast since you were little. Originally this started because you were a fussy baby in the evenings, and this made it hard for him to play with you after work. Basically, as soon as he got home you were crying, so he wanted to spend some time with you in the mornings when you are very happy. When you get into bed with me in the mornings you smell like syrup, so I know you have been chowing down on some waffles or pancakes.
Television:
Abby, you are obsessed with Barney. I thought you loved Yo Gabba Gabba, but it doesn't come close to Barney. I don't understand it- a giant purple dinosaur that comes to life to teach you about how to care and share, how to clean up toys, and making sure you eat your fruits and veggies. You walk around the house all day saying, "Bubby, Bubby." At the end of each episode, Barney sings, "I love you. You love me. We're a happy family..." You stand in front of the tv, sway back and forth and sing along. It's adorable. And yes Abby, we love you very much!
Paint:
I hope you are always this enthusiastic about painting. I know you are only 18 months, but you really are great at painting. Every day at some point we either paint or use the markers. Thank goodness everything is machine washable; not only will you paint the white paper, but you also love to paint your face, arms, legs, and head. I think if I let you, you would rub paint over your entire body. You know you're not suppose to, but you do anyway. And off to the bath we go...
Bath time:
You don't seem to mind it at all. For you, it signifies the end of the day. You have had the same bath time now for 18 months, and I think I can count on one hand how many baths we have missed. You play, you swim, you pop bubbles, and get water everywhere. Some of the hardest times I have ever heard you laugh have come from the bath.
Music:
You have a favorite song- and I mean, a favorite song! You want to listen to this song in the car, at home, on vacation- anywhere and everywhere. I wish I could say that it was something adorable, and age appropriate, but it isn't. It's by Florence and the Machine and is called, The Dog Days are Over. It was the theme song for a really popular movie called, Eat, Pray, Love. It is a great song, and when I first downloaded it I had no idea that this would be, "your song." You sing the high notes, clap your hands, and dance. When we get into the car you say, "song, song." If I had to guess, we have probably played it about 100 times, but it never gets old, and neither does watching you sing along!
Around the house:
You love your dogs, your cleaning set, your playroom, and your toys. You could watch tv in our bedroom for half a day. You like to do your hair, brush your teeth, and stare at yourself in the mirror. You like to look at pictures of yourself and almost any baby you see is named, Abby. You like to swing, water the plants, visit the neighbors dog, Buck, and get a treat from the ice cream man. Sidewalk chalk, bubbles and getting the mail are a regular afternoon for you.
Lamby:
Abby, you love your Lamby. Lamby is your best friend that sleeps with you every night, goes to school with you, has seen you get your shots, helped you through teething, ear infections and upset tummies. Lamby has been on every vacation with you, went with you to see your first movie, and sits with you in time out. You feed Lamby, chew on Lamby, pat Lamby, and drag your Lamby on the concrete, hard wood floor, and carpet. Lamby was a gift from Grams and Gramps and as of right now, you have 3! You two are best friends and I hope you keep Lamby forever.
Well Abby, these 18 months have flown by for Mommy and Daddy. Our world has never been the same since you entered it, and for this, we are both truly very thankful. You keep us on our toes, entertain us and make us laugh. You mean more to us than you will ever know. If only you could stay this little forever. We love you very much, Abby.











ha ha.. these pics are great & we have the same ones :) funny as it is we have a Lamby too and Marrin chews its ears too. Its not the same ( a stuffed lamb that plays soothing sounds but I Love that both my girls have their security blankets/animals. Lanier has a a blankie ( deets) and a dolly (DeDe) & marrin has her lamby and lovie. my how fast they all grow !!!
ReplyDeleteI love that she has a Lamby, too! I think these security blankets mean a lot to these little ones. Yes, they are growing up way too fast!
ReplyDelete